Original Source Here
- Baton Rouge elementary school incorporates artificial intelligence tutoring to improve literacy skills.
- Cedarcrest-Southmoor Elementary uses Amira, the first reading assistant designed to support teachers and help students.
- Students log in, select a story, and read it aloud while receiving AI tutoring when they struggle.
- East Baton Rouge (EBR) schools face challenges in teaching literacy, with less than 50% of students meeting reading proficiency standards.
- Students using Amira regularly have seen gains comparable to human tutoring.
- Over 150 students at Cedarcrest-Southmoor have accumulated 27,000 tutoring minutes and read nearly 7,000 stories with Amira.
- The program has boosted children’s confidence, increased class participation, and improved collaboration.
- Amira is implemented in over 1,000 schools across all 50 states, transforming literacy education.
Main AI News:
The incorporation of 21st-century technology has ushered in a new era of transformation in the world of literacy. At Cedarcrest-Southmoor Elementary, a Baton Rouge elementary school, artificial intelligence tutoring has taken center stage, empowering teachers and enhancing students’ English language proficiency and literacy skills.
Despite the school year drawing to a close, the dedicated teachers at Cedarcrest-Southmoor Elementary continue their relentless efforts to help students excel in literacy. While the district mandates a minimum requirement of three tutoring sessions per week, lasting 15 minutes each, Principal Sharon Thomas and her team have taken it a step further by implementing Amira, the groundbreaking reading assistant, on a daily basis.
Amira Learning’s revolutionary platform serves as an invaluable resource, offering teachers unparalleled support while assisting students in their journey to becoming proficient readers. The process is simple: students log into the system and select a story of their choice. They then proceed to read the story aloud, and whenever they encounter challenges, the artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms swiftly identify areas requiring additional guidance. AI steps in as a tutor, providing personalized coaching to help students overcome their struggles.
Educational leaders within the school system acknowledge that teaching literacy remains a formidable challenge for East Baton Rouge (EBR) schools. In the previous summer, less than half of the students met the expected reading proficiency standards for their respective grade levels. However, with the introduction of Amira, remarkable progress has been observed. Students who regularly engage with the platform have experienced improvements on par with human tutoring, exemplifying the transformative potential of this innovative tool.
At Cedarcrest-Southmoor, over 150 students have embraced Amira, collectively accumulating an impressive 27,000 minutes of tutoring. The enthusiasm is palpable as these young learners have devoured nearly 7,000 captivating stories. Principal Thomas highlights the remarkable impact of Amira on her students, emphasizing how their confidence has soared. The newfound self-assurance is evident in their increased participation in classroom activities and enhanced collaborative efforts. The overall discourse within the school community has reached new heights, fostering an environment of inspiration and achievement.
The success of Amira extends beyond Cedarcrest-Southmoor Elementary, with its reach expanding to over 1,000 schools across all 50 states. This widespread adoption underscores the recognition and appreciation of Amira’s transformative capabilities by educators nationwide. As the integration of technology continues to shape the landscape of education, Amira stands at the forefront, revolutionizing the way literacy is taught and learned.
Through the power of artificial intelligence, Amira is propelling students toward literacy excellence, equipping them with the necessary skills for future success. With its widespread implementation and remarkable outcomes, Amira has solidified its place as a pioneering force within the realm of education, ushering in a new era of literacy development for students across the nation.
Trending AI/ML Article Identified & Digested via Granola by Ramsey Elbasheer; a Machine-Driven RSS Bot