Original Source Here
What is Django, Flask, Tornado?
Web development framework and content management system
In this article, we will discuss a web development framework and content management system based on python language. Today we are trying to run everything online and web development has become more famous in the covid19 situation where even a small retailer is going online to make a business grow.
Let’s see some frameworks with their features.
Django is a backend web development framework on the server-side that makes web app complex websites easy to develop. It is open-source and provide many built-in features like database, models, queries set, etc.
Top giants using Django are Mozilla, Spotify, Disqus, Instagram, and many more.
Advantage of Django:
- Python language support.
- Batteries included framework means it includes free API, multi-language support, ORM, MVC layout, templating libraries.
- Customization administration interfaces with a fewer number of code lines.
- It comes with scalability and security features.
Disadvantages of Django:
Django provides a good option but let’s see some issues also.
- Some template errors fail silently by default.
- At one time we can handle one process only because WSGI is synchronous.
Flask is a mini or micro framework with basic functionality to make web app development. Due to micro-services, the flask does not have a database and other built-in features like in Django.
Components of Flask:
- Jinja: It is used to handle templates in a flask with a sandbox i.e. a security management system.
- Markup Safe: It is used to handle string/text to make its content safe.
- Its dangerous: It is used for data serialization and makes it safe when we store sessions of flask applications.
Top giants using Django are Mozilla, Netflix, Reddit, Airbnb, Uber, and many more.
Advantages of Flask:
- It has client-side secure cookies support.
- Python support framework.
- Scalable and flexible because of a few components and parts.
- The abstractions levels are fewer than it is a little fast in performance.
Disadvantages of Flask:
- It doesn’t have dynamic HTML pages.
- Flask has fewer tools to develop API.
- In complex projects the maintenance cost is high.
It is a non-blocking i.e. asynchronous web server framework written in python. It is a simple scalable framework to create, expand, and do the deployment. It is very robust and handles any number of web traffic with unshakable performance.
Modules in Tornado:
- HTTP client: It handles the working of non-blocking HTTP client-server modules
- Database: It also handles databases easily with a wrapper of MySQLdb.
- Auth: It also handles implementing third-party authorization and authentication systems.
Other modules are Locale, Template, Options, iostream, etc.
Top giants using Django are Facebook, Avito, Delivery Hero, Zalando, TravelPerk, and many more.
Advantages of Tornado:
- Understandable framework and its code easily.
- The templating process is flexible and fast than Django.
- It is very useful in making services like HTTP and JSON.
- It handles 2000 requests/minute by the HTTPServer provider.
Disadvantages of Tornado:
- WSGI mode is not useful to access or run all features of Tornado.
- The community of Tornado is small and possible to find fewer code examples.
- It requires running multiple Tornado processes to avoid the blocking of database drivers.
There is so many web development framework that requires to develop and building websites with right tools and technology choice. The above are some frameworks discussed to know the functionalities of these frameworks or other web frameworks.
1. 8 Active Learning Insights of Python Collection Module
2. NumPy: Linear Algebra on Images
3. Exception Handling Concepts in Python
4. Pandas: Dealing with Categorical Data
5. Hyper-parameters: RandomSeachCV and GridSearchCV in Machine Learning
6. Fully Explained Linear Regression with Python
7. Fully Explained Logistic Regression with Python
8. Data Distribution using Numpy with Python
9. Decision Trees vs. Random Forests in Machine Learning
10. Standardization in Data Preprocessing with Python
Trending AI/ML Article Identified & Digested via Granola by Ramsey Elbasheer; a Machine-Driven RSS Bot